Updated June 26, 2020 |
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the unprecedented challenges our profession is now dealing with, the CBDM is pleased to announce that they have made some policy provisions. Please see below for information regarding exam registration and recertification policy updates.
CBDM Credentialing Exam Registration and Test Windows
PSI now has over 98% of its Test Centers open. The Test Center site list (https://www.psionline.com/openings), now shows open sites, address, and capacity of that site. Note that some Test Centers are operating at 50% seat capacity to accommodate social distancing requirements. Please check this list to make sure the Test Center is available to schedule your exam as well as to complete your exam as scheduled. Approved exam candidates may now schedule or reschedule their exam. Scheduling will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Important Information from PSI and CBDM
To ensure the safety of its employees and the candidates, PSI follows strict safety procedures in line with federal, state, and local guidelines as well as guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The health questionnaire (https://www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/PSI-COVID-19-Candidate-Questionnaire.pdf) MUST be completed and brought on the scheduled day.
- If a candidate fails to bring the required questionnaire, one will be provided on-site for completion prior to being allowed to test.
- Candidates who answer "yes" to any of the first four questions will be denied admission and should not travel to the Test Center. They will need to reschedule their exam for a date up to September 30 and may do so online (https://www.psionline.com/test-takers/) or by contacting PSI via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ALL candidates must wear face masks at all times while in the Test Center.
- Candidates who fail to bring and wear a face mask during the exam will be requested to leave the test site.
- Candidates will be requested to remove the face mask briefly during check-in to verify identity as well as capture their photograph.
- Candidates may wear gloves during the exam. Gloves will need to be examined by the test site administrator during check-in and check-out.
- Candidates are required to discard face masks and gloves outside of the PSI test site in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Candidates must adhere to the posted social distancing protocols at all times.
For more information about PSI Test Center policy and procedures, visit their FAQ page.
Watch your e-mails for updates to CBDM policies or other matters regarding the CDM, CFPP Certification Program. You may also contact CBDM at info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908, select option 1 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT).
CDM, CFPP Recertification Policy
The CBDM made a policy change in January 2019 requiring CDM, CFPPs to meet all CE requirements (45 total continuing education hours, including 9 Sanitation/Safety CE hours and 1 Professional Ethics CE hour) by May 31 of the last year of their three-year recertification period. Individuals not meeting this requirement, would have their CDM, CFPP credential terminated. This policy was to be implemented as of May 31, 2020.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the unprecedented challenges that we find our profession dealing with, the CBDM has made the decision to postpone implementation of this policy. Therefore, current recertification policies will remain in place.
What does this mean for me? For individuals whose three-year recertification period ends this year, i.e., May 31, 2020, your certification will not be terminated for not meeting the CE hour requirements. You will automatically be placed in the CE Audit process. Notification of your selection for CE Audit will be emailed to you at the email address on file in your record. To avoid missing critical communications about required actions and deadlines, make sure your contact information in your record is accurate and current.
While you remain certified during the CE Audit, all documentation required for each CE submission will be reviewed to ensure it meets CBDM recertification requirements. Failure to provide appropriate documentation will result in audit failure and loss of certification.
Completing CE Programs
ANFP has made various CE opportunities free to members. You can find these CE opportunities, as well as discounted CE, by visiting our Discounted CE page. You can also find CE in your area by visiting our Find CE webpage.
Many facilities/companies offer in-service programs and webinars on issues related to the impact of COVID-19 on your facility, your residents/patients, staff responsibilities, etc. This is eligible type of CE when submitted and when required documentation is uploaded.
For More Information
Watch your emails for updates to CBDM polices or other matters regarding the CDM, CFPP Certification Program. You may also contact CBDM at info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908, select option 1 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT).