Register Online for the CDM Credentialing Exam
Exam Application Process Update: Effective June 1, 2021, individuals applying for the CDM Credentialing Exam must do so by submitting the online application with payment.
This means that after May 31, 2021, the following policies are effective:
- CBDM will no longer accept hard copy exam applications submitted via e-mail, fax or mail.
- Payment by check for the exam fee is no longer allowed or accepted. Exam fee payment must be submitted online as part of the online application process. Checks received by mail will be returned to the party who issued the check.
- Due to the sensitive nature of information on verifiable documentation (e.g., transcript, Employment Verification Form, job description, Special Accommodation form, etc.), the exam application including any accompanying documentation will be destroyed if not received through the online exam application process. Be sure to make a copy of these documents for your records.
To submit an application for the exam, use the convenient, secure online process.
By registering for the exam, you attest that you have read the entire CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Handbook and agree to abide by all stated policy.
*NOTE: The most recent version of the CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Handbook PDF is dated March 16, 2021. If you are not seeing this version, please contact CBDM at info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908.
To register online, you will be prompted to log into your ANFP record with your username and password.
- New customers will need to create a new account.
- If you already have an ANFP account, please do not create a new one.
- If you do not know your login information, use the “forgot my password” feature or call 800.323.1908, select option 1, for assistance.
- During the exam application process, you are required to read, sign and upload the CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Agreement to Terms and Conditions and Conditions form.
- Make sure you have the required transcripts, completed Employment Verification Form, employer-issued job description, etc. as required for the Eligibility Pathway under which you are applying. You will be required to upload the documents during the application process.
- If you will be requesting testing accommodations as qualified under guidelines set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), you must indicate such during the exam application process and follow the process as listed below.
- Have payment information available. To submit the application for processing, payment must be submitted. The exam fee is $399.
When submitting exam application and payment online, payment is processed immediately. If you do not fully meet a current eligibility pathway (as determined by CBDM) within 90 days of submitting the application and fees online, credit will be issued for the payment, less a $50 processing fee. When all eligibility requirements have been met, you will then be required to reapply and submit an exam application with exam fees for subsequent CBDM review and approval.
Individuals choosing to retake the exam for any reason must wait 90 days before they may reschedule their exam. They must meet current eligibility requirements and submit an exam application with fees for CBDM review and approval for each retake of the exam.
Exam fees are not transferable to other parties/individuals, are not refundable, and cannot be canceled.
The PSI Test Center list (https://www.psionline.com/openings), shows site name, address, and status (open, closed, etc.) for the site. Note that some Test Centers may be operating at reduced capacity to accommodate local orders and guidelines for social distancing requirements, etc. Please check this list to make sure the Test Center is available to schedule your exam as well as to complete your exam as scheduled. Approved exam candidates may schedule or reschedule their exam in accordance with CBDM policy. Scheduling will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Important Information from PSI and CBDM
PSI is continuing to monitor the latest developments associated with the global spread of Coronavirus -COVID-19. To ensure the safety of its employees and the candidates, since the outbreak began, PSI has strictly adhered to the latest safety procedures based on federal, state, and local guidelines as well as recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the World Health Organization (WHO).
- When a candidate schedules their exam, they will receive a health questionnaire related to potential COVID-19 exposure via e-mail (www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/PSI-COVID-19-Candidate-Questionnaire.pdf). All candidates must bring the completed form with them to the Test Center on the scheduled day.
- Candidates who fail to bring the required questionnaire will be provided one on-site for completion prior to being allowed to test.
- Candidates who answer "yes" to any of the first four questions will be denied admission and should not travel to the Test Center. They can reschedule online (www.psionline.com/test-takers/). Alternately, PSI may be contacted via e-mail (email@example.com). Please note, given the current volume of support requests, the response time is 5-7 days for e-mail inquiries.
- ALL candidates must wear face masks at all times while in the Test Center.
- Candidates who fail to bring and wear a face mask during the exam will be requested to leave the test site.
- Candidates will be requested to remove the face mask briefly during check-in to verify identity as well as capture their photograph.
- Candidates may wear gloves during the exam. Gloves will need to be examined by the test site administrator during check-in and check-out security process.
- Candidates are required to discard face masks and gloves outside of the PSI test site in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Candidates must adhere to the posted social distancing protocols at all times.
For more information about PSI Test Center policy and procedures, view PSI's FAQ document (www.psionline.com/covid-19/faq) related to operations due to COVID-19 impact.
Watch your e-mails for updates to CBDM policies or other matters regarding the CBDM Certification Program (don't forget to check your spam e-mail folder). You may also contact CBDM at info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908, select option 1 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT).
Employment Verification Form
Individuals applying for the exam under eligibility pathways III (a & b), IV and V must meet CBDM criteria for eligible work experience.
This Employment Verification Form is required for Pathways III (a & b) and V exam applicants. Applicant must also submit an employer-issued position description for each Employment Verification Form submitted. When applying online, download and complete the form and submit via an upload with your online registration.
- The position title on the Employment Verification Form must match the position title on the corresponding position description.
- Employment during the stated timeframe must be continuous and full-time.
- The employment verification section must be completed by the immediate supervisor or Human Resources Manager. This section should not be filled out by the exam applicant.
- The Employment Verification Form and position description(s) must be submitted with the exam application.
- CBDM will determine to what extent the submitted employment verification qualifies for non-commercial foodservice work experience.
- For more information, refer to the CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Handbook.
NOTE: The most recent version of the Employment Verification form is dated April 2021. If you are not seeing this version, please contact CBDM at info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908, select option 1, for assistance.
To ensure equal opportunities for all qualified individuals, qualified exam candidates with a disability within the guidelines set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) who supply appropriate documentation will be provided reasonable and appropriate accommodations in order to take the exam.
A summary of steps required to request testing accommodations as allowed under guidelines set forth by ADA) an in compliance with CBDM policy is as follows
- Submit CDM Credentialing Exam online application with fee for CBDM review and approval.
- Answer yes to the question if you will be requesting testing accommodations.
- Complete and sign two-page Request for Special Examination Accommodations form .
- Upload completed form when submitting exam application.
- After CBDM sends confirmation of eligibility to sit for the exam and PSI sends e-mail notice of eligibility to schedule an appointment, submit request to PSI for testing accommodations using the PSI online form available here:
Submit a request – PSI Candidate Experience (zendesk.com)
- Please fill out the PSI online form as directed.
- Provide all required information including preferred testing date and location.
- To allow processing of the request, requested testing date/time preferences must be 45 days later than date of submitting PSI online testing accommodations request form.
- Do NOT schedule an exam appointment online or by calling PSI. Doing so will result in approved accommodations not being available.
- Upload the completed/signed two-page Request for Special Examination Accommodations form that you also submitted with your exam application. If this form is not uploaded, the request will not be processed.
- Requests are reviewed and approval is made within the guidelines set forth by ADA.
For more information on requesting special accommodations, refer to the CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Handbook.