The purpose of the CBDM Prior Approval Program is to recognize continuing education (CE) providers that have met the CBDM education standards and guidelines. The CBDM prior approval process is completely voluntary and is initiated by the program sponsor/coordinator requesting approval and is intended for organizations interested in providing continuing education (CE) hours to CDM, CFPP credential holders.
Prior approved programs are recognized by ANFP, foodservice industry professionals, and employers as meeting CBDM standards and requirements for continuing education. As a result, prior approved programs are viewed with high regard and respect in the industry. Participants will recognize a high quality program that is rich in content and delivers the objective of lifelong learning to enhance and improve their careers and professional development in line with CBDM standards for continuing education.
- Use CBDM Prior Approval log (in accordance with CBDM specifications), which may be added to marketing and other activities promoting your approved program.
- Confirmed number of CE hours.
- Ease of submission of CE hours for attendees.
- Increased awareness and exposure of programs to a captive and engaged audience of nearly 15,000 foodservice professionals via “Find CE” program listing/directory on the ANFP website.
- The ANFP Chapters Prior Approval Handbook and application are available on ANFPConnect within the Volunteer Resources area.
- Learn how to access ANFPConnect here.
- Please submit applications with all required documentation 4-8 weeks prior to the start date of the program to allow for processing.
- If you are an organization seeking prior approval for an education program, please download and read the CBDM Prior Approval Handbook which contains all the information necessary to obtain approval.
- Submit the application with all required documentation 4-8 weeks prior to the start date of the program to allow for processing.
Unlimited CE Provider/Renewal Program
- An all-inclusive package providing organizations the ability and flexibility to submit an unlimited number of CE programs to be prior approved on demand for a period of one year.
- If you are interested in becoming an Unlimited CE Provider, complete the prior approval application for your first program submission and send to priorapprovals@ANFPonline.org with the appropriate program payment. Program types and fees can be found on page 3 of the CBDM Prior Approval Handbook.
- Programs are submitted through the CE Provider Portal. Learn how to submit programs through the portal using the how to videos below.
Access CE Provider Portal
Vendor Ongoing/One-Time Program Providers
- For organizations offering ongoing CE programs (online courses, books, archived webinars) and/or one-time events (live meetings or webinars that are offered on specific dates.)
- Read the CBDM Prior Approval Handbook and submit your application to priorapprovals@ANFPonline.org.
Download Application & Handbook