Equal Opportunity for CDM, CFPP Certification Program
The Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM) does not discriminate among candidates on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected characteristics. They make every reasonable effort to accommodate exam applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). Reasonable testing accommodations are available to applicants who have diagnosed physical and learning disabilities and provide appropriate documentation. PSI accommodates the CBDM's request to comply with the ADA.
Wheelchair access is available at all established Test Centers. Candidates must advise PSI at the time of scheduling that wheelchair access is necessary.
Candidates with visual, sensory, physical, or learning disabilities that would prevent them from taking the exam under standard conditions may request special accommodations. Requests will be reviewed by PSI.
Verification of the disability and statement of the specific type of assistance needed must be made in writing to ANFP at least 45 calendar days prior to the desired exam date by completing the Request for Special Examination Accommodations form (available on the Register page) and submitting it with the exam application. PSI will review the submitted forms and contact the candidate at the e-mail address on file in the candidate's record regarding the decision for accommodations.
Applicants requesting special testing accommodations are required to follow these guidelines:
- Submit with the completed examination application a written request for testing accommodations by completing the Request for Special Accommodations form available on the Register page. Include a detailed description of the diagnosed disability and accommodations needed to take the exam. In addition, supporting written documentation from the diagnosing physician or other licensed professional detailing the diagnosis is required and must be submitted with the application materials.
- If extended testing time is sought, the applicant must specify the precise amount of additional time required (i.e., time and one-half, double time, etc.).
- If special accommodations are being requested, this form and supporting documentation must be submitted to CBDM with the exam application and at least 45 days prior to a desired test date.
- PSI will contact the candidate via e-mail at the e-mail address on file in the candidate's record regarding the decision for special accommodations.
- If accommodations are approved, the exam must be scheduled by calling PSI at 888.519.4901.
Refer to the Register page to download the Special Examination Accommodations form.
Please note: The exam is only administered in English, and there are no provisions for translation. The exam is offered at PSI Test Centers throughout the United States of America (U.S.). Candidates who request a special site outside the U.S. will be required to pay an additional fee for set up and administration.
For questions regarding the application and exam, contact CBDM at 800.323.1908 or info@CBDMonline.org.