Exam Sites and Scheduling
PSI Test Site Update
The PSI Test Center site list (https://www.psionline.com/openings), shows site name, address, and status (open, closed, etc.) for each site. Note that some Test Centers may be operating at reduced capacity to accommodate local orders and guidelines for social distancing requirements, etc. Please check this list to make sure the Test Center is available to schedule your exam as well as to complete your exam as scheduled. Approved exam candidates may schedule or reschedule their exam in accordance with CBDM policy. Scheduling will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Important Information from PSI and CBDM
PSI is continuing to monitor the latest developments associated with the global spread of Coronavirus -COVID-19. To ensure the safety of its employees and the candidates, since the outbreak began, PSI has strictly adhered to the latest safety procedures based on federal, state, and local guidelines as well as recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the World Health Organization (WHO).
- When a candidate schedules their exam, they will receive a health questionnaire related to potential COVID-19 exposure via e-mail (www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/PSI-COVID-19-Candidate-Questionnaire.pdf). All candidates must bring the completed form with them to the Test Center on the scheduled day.
- Candidates who fail to bring the required questionnaire will be provided one on-site for completion prior to being allowed to test.
- Candidates who answer "yes" to any of the first four questions will be denied admission and should not travel to the Test Center. They can reschedule online (www.psionline.com/test-takers/). Alternately, PSI may be contacted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note, given the current volume of support requests, the response time is 5-7 days for e-mail inquiries.
- ALL candidates must wear face masks at all times while in the Test Center.
- Candidates who fail to bring and wear a face mask during the exam will be requested to leave the test site.
- Candidates will be requested to remove the face mask briefly during check-in to verify identity as well as capture their photograph.
- Candidates may wear gloves during the exam. Gloves will need to be examined by the test site administrator during check-in and check-out security process.
- Candidates are required to discard face masks and gloves outside of the PSI test site in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Candidates must adhere to the posted social distancing protocols at all times.
For more information about PSI Test Center policy and procedures, view PSI's FAQ document (www.psionline.com/covid-19/faq) related to operations due to COVID-19 impact.
Watch your e-mails for updates to CBDM policies or other matters regarding the CDM, CFPP Certification Program (don't forget to check your spam e-mail folder). You may also contact CBDM at info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908, select option 1 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT).
CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Handbook
This Handbook includes policies related to applying for, scheduling and completing the CDM Credentialing Exam. Additional information may be found in CDM Credentialing Exam FAQs HERE.
*NOTE: The most recent version of the CDM Credentialing Exam Candidate Handbook is dated March 16, 2021. If you are not seeing this version, please contact CBDM at 800-323-1908 or info@CBDMonline.org for assistance.
*Please refer to the top of this page for updated scheduling information from PSI and CBDM.
Year-Round Computer-Based Testing
- Available at over 300 testing centers managed by our examination services provider, PSI
- CBDM Approved individuals can schedule their computer-based exam on the date and at a testing center location of their choice, based on availability.
Scheduling Your Exam
- About 7 to 14 days after CBDM sends e-mail notice of eligibility to sit for the exam, PSI sends e-mail notice of process to register for the exam.
- Must schedule an exam appointment with PSI either online or by phone at 833.333.4755.
- List of PSI Test Center addresses and driving directions is available here: Test Centers
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served bases.
- Must schedule and take the exam within 90-day test window
- Exam fees are not transferable to other parties/individuals, are not refundable, and cannot be canceled.
- If testing accommodations are being requested as allowed under guidance set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), you must answer yes to that question during the online exam application process and follow all required steps as indicated under the Special Accommodations section on the CBDM Register web page.
Exam Day Information
- Report to the Test Center by your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you will not be admitted, will forfeit exam application and fees, and must submit a new exam application and fees in accordance with CBDM policy.
- Present two forms of approved identification. The primary form must be government-issued, current, and include your photo and signature. You will not be allowed to test if you do not bring the required forms of identification, will be considered a "no show" and will forfeit your exam application and fees. To reschedule an exam appointment, you are required to submit a new exam application and fees in accordance with CBDM policy.
- If your name on your registration is different than it appears on your identification, you must bring proof of your name change.
- You may bring a silent, non-programmable, battery-operated calculator with no printing capabilities that must be approved by the test center administrator.
- You will be provided pencils and scrap paper. You may not bring your own.
- You will be allowed three hours (180 minutes) to complete the exam.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- If an emergency prohibits you from taking your exam as scheduled, contact CBDM immediately (info@CBDMonline.org or 800.323.1908) to determine next steps.
- Failure to cancel at least 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment, showing up late for your appointment or not reporting for your exam, results in you being considered a "no show", forfeiting your exam application and fees and to reschedule an exam appointment being required to submit a new exam application and fees in accordance with CBDM policy.
- Rescheduling your exam appointment is allowed ONCE within your 90-day-test window. Contact PSI at 833.333.4755 by 3:00 pm (CT) at least two business days prior to your scheduled appointment.