1. Be prepared to show your CDM, CFPP certification and make sure it has not expired!
2. IF YOU ARE NOT CDM, CFPP certified but are in the process of obtaining it, have a plan in place that includes your enrollment and acceptance paperwork and a timeline for completion!
3. Gather materials to create a survey binder for Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) that contains all the requested documents based on the New Survey Pathways: Entrance Conference Survey.
4. Have a written staff competencies and skills checklist in place for your FNS staff.
5. Implement mock surveys and skills audits based on the Critical Element Pathways for Dining and Kitchen.
6. Have your Baseline Care Plan procedure–a joint effort with your RDN–in place for newly-admitted residents. (This needs to be completed within 48 hours of admittance.)
7. Have a policy in place for food brought in from visitors or outside sources and facility gardens.
8. Create FNS Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI) goals and be an active member of your facility's QAPI Committee.
9. Familiarize yourself with the new FNS regulations under §483.60 and Surveyor Interpretive Guidance in Appendix PP. A member of FNS is now required to participate on the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and only an RDN or CDM, CFPP are qualified based on Scopes of Practice.
10. BE CONFIDENT in your CDM, CFPP competencies and the CDM, CFPP Scope of Practice, and always lead by example!
Click below to download a printable flyer with the information on this page.
Printable PDF Flyer